April 2011
We were dying Easter eggs with our neighbors Marie, Christian and Alyssa. We just used a store bought kit. Every year I say we're going to dye the eggs the way we did it when I was a child, but haven't done it yet. Next year we will! I really want to teach the kids how to do it, it's really neat. And I want to carry on the tradition. We used natural dies, such as large pieces of red or yellow onions skin (the darker the better), and/or a pretty flower. We wrapped raw eggs in onion skin and/or flower, then bundled them up with a piece of cut-up pantyhose which held everything in place. The pantyhose was cut up in little squares, big enough for each egg. Then we tied a string around it. Each egg was individually wrapped. Then using a large spoon, we carefully placed each egg in the pot. When the eggs were done and had cooled down, we started unwrapping them. Each egg was different, and absolutely gorgeous!
No comments:
Post a Comment